Our aim is to provide personalised and flexible mental health
services in partnership with customers and carers to maximise
recovery. We shall work with Quality Assurance in Mind to reach the
highest standards of support and care in an environment that does
not tolerate discrimination, harassment or abuse.
Our service is based on the principles of
choice, control, independence and
We shall uphold these principles by:
- Providing clear and transparent information on our services and
- Promoting independence and discouraging dependency by
supporting customers to take control of their support needs, (where
they are motivated and able to do so).
- Providing customers with a safety net, when needed, in a
supported decision making environment.
- Enabling and encouraging customers to develop skills and
confidence in making informed choices about their support
- Enabling customers to gain confidence in managing their own
- Promoting customer rights in an environment of shared
How We Can Help
We provide a wide range of services which include:
Social Drop in Groups
Calm and Anger Management Workshops
West Leicestershire Mind is affiliated to Mind (NAMH) and is an
independent charity in its own right. This organisation is,
therefore, expected to meet a number of requirements to maintain
its position with both Mind (NAMH) and the Charities Commission.
The Management Committee has an overall duty to set the standards
to do this with the expectation every member of staff, volunteer
and Trustee will ensure these are met at all times.